Sunday 7 December 2008

Super Strips Quilt Top at Gresford - second time round


I promised I would run this workshop again at Gresford in the autumn, so here it is once again. We had a much sunnier, if colder, day than in the summer, but everyone seemed to have just as much fun despite the freezing temperatures outside. This quilt top centre goes together very quickly, so I'm hoping to see some finished tops soon. Margaret loaned me her finished top from the summer workshop, so I displayed it alongside the main workshop sample and my new jelly roll version (which uses retro feedsack prints from the Katie Jump Rope range by Denise Schmidt).

The original workshop sample hanging up -



In bright colours -

In black and white -


Liberty prints -
Rich autumnal colours -
"Portobello Road" Jelly Roll from Moda fabrics - (the blue/green strips are going to be used for the outer borders)

Tiny prints - the same fabric can do twice the work, appearing in both strip sets -

More tiny prints -

and with it's outer triangle panels (Dot sewed extra strips in advance).


I got to see a few recent projects made from my designs. Dot brought her version of "99 Treasures" (on my patterns page) with a yellow shaded print used for the background squares. I think the same shaded fabric would make great borders.

Pat had made a new version of the Tough Tote (from "21 Terrific Patchwork Bags"), using chenille for the outer fabric panels. I love the yellow piping accent.

No comments: